Drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists should be prepared for daytime and nighttime closures on Northeast 12th Street, from 116th Avenue Northeast to 120th Avenue Northeast.
The future Northeast Spring Boulevard will start at a new signalized intersection on Northeast 12th Street, just east of 116th Avenue Northeast. Four new travel lanes will extend east to 120th Avenue Northeast, bridging over the Eastside Rail Corridor and the future East Link light rail alignment. There will also be a pedestrian and bicycle path along the north side of the roadway, connecting to downtown Bellevue via an existing path on the nearby Northeast 12th Street bridge. The project being developed in coordination with Sound Transit's East Link light rail project.
Night work starts Sept 23
Night work to grind and pave NE 12th Street and 116th Ave NE starting Sept 23. Work is weather dependent and construction schedules are subject to change:
- Monday, Sept. 23 through Tuesday September 24, 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Night time lane closures on NE 12th Street and in the intersection of 116th Ave NE for pavement grinding.
- Monday, Sept. 30 through Tuesday, Oct. 1, 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Nightly full road closure of NE 12th Street between 116th Ave NE and 120th Ave NE. Closure needed to pave roadway. Lane closures in the intersection of 116th and NE 12th for paving during the same time frame.
- Friday, Oct. 4 through Monday, Oct. 7, 7 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday: Full road closure of NE 12th Street between 116th Ave NE and 120th Ave NE. Closure needed to stripe roadway.
The first phase of the project, from the Eastside Rail Corridor to 120th Avenue Northeast, was completed in early 2018. Construction of the second phase, from just east of 116th Avenue Northeast to the Eastside Rail Corridor, is anticipated to begin in early 2019.
Click to enlarge image
Northeast Spring Boulevard will enhance access and circulation for cars, transit, freight, pedestrians and bicycles between Downtown Bellevue, Wilburton and the BelRed area.
- 2016-2018: Construction, Eastside Rail Corridor to 120th Avenue Northeast
- 2019–2020: Construction, 116th Avenue Northeast to the Eastside Rail Corridor, Project mailer
Total project budget of $33 million is partially funded by a Surface Transportation Block Grant program.