Spring Boulevard, from 116th to 124th Avenue Northeast, opened to traffic in October 2020. The first phase of the project, from the Eastrail to 120th Avenue Northeast, was completed in early 2018. Construction of the second phase, from just east of 116th Avenue Northeast to the Eastside Rail Corridor was completed in 2020.
Northeast Spring Boulevard enhances access and circulation for cars, transit, freight, pedestrians and bicycles between Downtown Bellevue, Wilburton and the BelRed area.
- 2020 (October): Segment opened to traffic (news release)
- 2019–2020: Construction, 116th Avenue Northeast to the Eastside Rail Corridor
- 2016-2018: Construction, Eastside Rail Corridor to 120th Avenue Northeast
Total project budget of $33 million is partially funded by a Surface Transportation Block Grant program. Approved 2021-2027 Capital Investment Program Budget Sheet.
- Construction alert 116th Avenue Northeast to the Eastside Rail Corridor (Jan. 2019)
- NE Spring Boulevard Project Fact Sheet (Oct. 2020)
*Aerial image by King County Dept. of Natural Resources & Parks