The city codes implement requirements to achieve the visions, goals and policies of the city's Comprehensive Plan. The Land Use Code implements requirements that pertain to the use of property in the city.
Frequently Requested Codes
The following are a selection of Land Use codes that are frequently requested. Please reference the Land Use Code for a full listing of all codes.
- Child Care Services (20.20.170)
- Definitions (20.50)
- Dimensional Requirements (20.20.010)
- Fences (20.20.400)
- Marijuana Uses (20.20.535)
- Noise Control (9.18)
- Parking (20.20.590)
- Permitted Uses by zone (20.10.440)
- Sign Code (22B.10)
- Tree Retention and Replacement (20.20.900)
Certain areas of the City have unique code requirements that "overlay" or amend the standard requirements, including those above.
- BelRed (Part 20.25D)
- Critical Areas Overlay District (Part 20.25H)
- Downtown (Part 20.25A)
- Shoreline Overlay District (Part 20.25E)
- Transition Area Design District (Part 20.25B)
Subdivision (Plat) and Short Subdivision (Short Plat) Requirements
Permits and Procedures
- Environmental Procedures Code (Title 22.02)
- Permits and Decisions (Chapter 20.30)
- Review and Appeal Procedures (Chapter 20.35)