Construction of a new single-family residence or an addition greater than 3,000 square feet of new and/or replaced floor area. (BS)
This permit also includes:
- Clearing and grading
- Demolition work, if required
- Electrical (except temporary power)
- Mechanical (except fire protection)
- Right of way work on-site and in the public right of way
- Storm drainage connections
Contact a Utilities representative for information about water and sewer services.
Apply for this permit online at MyBuildingPermit. When entering your Application Information, choose the following:
- Application type: Building
- Project type: Single Family Residential
- Activity type: New Construction or Structure Addition-Major
- Scope of work: Residence and All Associated Structures (New Construction)
The documents listed below are the minimum necessary to proceed with the application process. If you believe that a required submittal document does not apply to your project, please upload the Document Waiver Form in place of the required document.
- Addressing Site Plan
- Architectural Plan
- Boundary and Topographic Survey
- Construction Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (CSWPPP)
- for projects with less than 7,000 square feet of clearing and less than 100 yards of grading, a CSWPPP Short Form for Small Construction Projects may be submitted.
- Site Plan
- also refer to Erosion and Sediment Control BMPs that are proposed in the CSWPPP.
- Storm Drainage Report
- Storm Water Site Plan
- Structural or Lateral Calculations
- Structural Plan
For assistance with electronic plan submittals, refer to Requirements for Electronic Plans
These items may be required during plan review, as determined by the scope of your project.
- Adult Family Home Requirements
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria
- Critical Areas or Shoreline Land Use Permit
- Disconnection of Water/Sewer Service Form
- Geotechnical Report
- King County Health Department Approval
- required for installation of septic tanks or if the dwelling is served by a septic system, and if there is a private well on the property. During review, submit your approval in the form of a letter or stamped plan from the King County Health Department.
- Pool/Spa Plan
- Residential Energy Code Worksheet
- School Impact Fee Form
- Issaquah and Renton School Districts
- Title Report
- Sites that are not platted require a title report to locate easements and verify legal status.