For clearing and grading on a single-family property not combined with a building permit. (GA)
- Landscape changes involving over 1,000 square feet of clearing and/or over 50 cubic yards of grading.
- Construction of rockeries and modular block walls over 4 feet in height.
- Removal of any significant tree 8 inches or greater in diameter in the R-1 zoning district in the Bridle Trails area.
- Removal of any landmark tree 24 inches or greater in diameter and at least 20 feet tall.
- Removal or more than 5 significant trees 8 inches or greater in diameter within any three-year period.
Apply for this permit online at MyBuildingPermit. When entering your Application Information, choose the following:
- Application type: Clearing and Grading
- Project type: Single Family Residential
- Activity type: Trees or Vegetation Only or Landscaping and Hardscaping Only
- Scope of work: Tree Removal or Vegetation
The documents listed below are the minimum necessary to proceed with the application process. If you believe that a required submittal document does not apply to your project, please upload the Document Waiver Form in place of the required document.
- Boundary and Topographic Survey
- Construction Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (CSWPPP)
- for projects with less than 7,000 square feet of clearing and less than 100 yards of grading, a CSWPPP Short Form for Small Construction Projects may be submitted.
- Final Landscape Plan
- Geotechnical Report
- Site Plan B
- Wetland Report
Additional Documents and Requirements
These items may be required during plan review, as determined by the scope of your project.
- Right of Way Use Permit
- Stream Typing Report
- Only licensed contractors may remove Landmark Trees. The licensed contractor's name, address, phone number, and current and valid Washington State contractor registration number must be provided before permit issuance.