Any change within an existing dwelling that does not increase the area. (BU)
Examples of work covered by this permit include:
- Moving a load-bearing interior wall
- Replacing a load-bearing wall with a beam
- Installing or relocating a doorway header
- Enlarging the size of a window or door opening
- performing an earthquake home retrofit
This permit also includes:
- Electrical (except temporary power)
- Mechanical (except fire protection)
For a remodel project that does not involve structural work, refer to our single-family remodel permit with no plan review.
You must apply for this permit online through MyBuildingPermit. We will not accept paper applications or plans.
Learn more about our online permitting services.