- Last Date to Apply: Open
- Days: Weekdays
- Hours: Two to five hours per shift
- Number of Positions: Open
- Department: Parks & Community Services
- Season: Year-round
- Job Site: North Bellevue Community Center
- Length of Commitment: Minimum three months
- Training Required/Provided: Training and orientation
- Position Reports to: Dan Lassiter
- Age: 16+
- Work environment: Commercial Kitchen
- State Patrol Check Required: Yes
Work with a team to provide hot lunches to Center participants. Meals are served on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and two Tuesdays each month. Meals are provided through Senior Services of King County, and main dishes are mostly pre-prepared.
- Maintaining kitchen to Health Department standards
- Preparation of meals following directions provided by catering service
- Use of stove, oven, convection oven, vegetable steamer, rice cooker and other commercial kitchen equipment
- Setting tables, dishing up food, delivering filled plates to tables and cleaning up after meals
- Dishwasher duties, including the operation of a commercial dishwasher and hand-washing pots and pans
- An interest in community life
- Able to work independently
- Community spirit
- Willingness to work hard
- Ability to learn new tasks and information
- Friendly and interested in making people feel welcome
- Cooking experience
- Food Handler's Permit required for food preparation positions
- Opportunity to volunteer in a warm and friendly environment
- Gain knowledge about activities benefiting senior citizens
- Preparation for future employment
- Possible school credit for community service
- Receive an education about the Bellevue community
- Gain a sense of responsibility
To apply, please submit the following:
- Volunteer Application
- FCRA Summary of Rights
- Parks Background Check Form
- Waiver of Liability Form
- Volunteer Agreement Form
Return application materials to:
City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department
Attn: Dan Lassiter
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
For questions, contact:
Dan Lassiter, 425-452-7681 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Darrion Spratley, 425-452-7681 or email email@example.com
- Application paperwork is reviewed and forwarded to appropriate staff based on a match of the position and related qualifications.
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Qualified applicants will interview with Dan Lassiter.
- Reference checks and Washington State Patrol Background Check will be conducted.
- Applicants selected for volunteer position will be notified and will attend an orientation.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.