- Days: Tuesdays (Youth Soccer League), Wednesdays (Mighty Mites Soccer League), and/or Thursdays (Youth Track & Field)
- Season: Spring 2023 (April 18-June 8)
- Department: Parks & Community Services, Youth Sports
- Job Site: Robinswood Park - Soccer Fields
- Training: TBA
- Reports to: Erin McCaslin, 425-452-4627
- Work Environment: Active
- Background Check Required: Yes
- Age: 16+
Youth Sports & Fitness is seeking volunteer coaches for its Spring 2023 youth soccer leagues and track & field program. The goal of Youth Sports & Fitness programs is to provide quality programming with responsible leaders so youth have the opportunity to grow and learn. We are a program in which opportunity for participation is provided to all those who enter, regardless of skill and ability. We wish to provide youth with a fun learning experience and the opportunity to develop lifelong sports and fitness skills.
Primary Responsibilities:Coach children ages 5-12 in soccer, running, and field events. Tasks include, but are not limited to, leading practices, teaching fundamentals and communicating with on-site staff and parents of participants.
Desired Qualifications:Basic knowledge of soccer and running is required. Applicants must be reliable, trustworthy and willing to put forth a good effort.
- Attend mandatory coaches clinic – date and location TBA.
- Arrive 15-20 minutes early to practices and games.
- Have a practice plan (first two weeks of the soccer leagues).
- Participate in activities with youth.
- Teach basic fundamentals of sport.
- Teach basic rules of sport.
- Coach/Ref all league games.
- Communicate with parents and on-site staff.
To Apply:Please download, complete and submit the following to Erin McCaslin at email@example.com. If you have questions, contact Erin via e-mail or phone at 425-452-4627.
- Volunteer Application - please include the name of the league or program for which you would like to volunteer.
- Parks Background Check - please include the following information in your application email so we can run a background check through Employers Choice.
- Your full name
- Your cell phone number AND your permission for Employers Choice to send you a text.
- Your email address
- Name of City staff/program area where they will be working: Erin McCaslin/Youth Sports Volunteer
- Waiver of Liability (If applicant is under 18, parent must sign waiver)
- Resumé (optional)
- Application paperwork is reviewed and processed.
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Applicants selected will be notified via e-mail following a cleared background check.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.
Bellevue provides volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference and/or disability.