- Last Date to Apply: Open
- Days: Weekdays
- Hours: Varies
- Number of Positions: Open
- Department: Parks & Community Services
- Season: Mostly summer, some year-round
- Job Site: North Bellevue Community Center
- Length of Commitment: Minimum three months
- Training Required/Provided: Training and orientation
- Position Reports to: Dan Lassiter
- Age: 16+
- Work environment: Outdoors
- State Patrol Check Required: Yes
- Work in the garden and patio area in the Northwest corner of the Community Center grounds.
- Plant, weed, fertilize, water and otherwise maintain a wide variety of perennial and annual plants and shrubs.
- Work with staff, Advisory Board members and other garden volunteers to maintain and enhance garden design and year-round beauty.
- Maximize plant budget by adding donations from individuals and area businesses.
- An interest in gardening
- Able to work independently
- Community spirit
- Willingness to work hard
- Ability to learn new tasks and information
- Friendly and interested in making people feel welcome
- Donation procurement experience helpful but not required
- Opportunity to design and plant a community garden
- Gain and enhance knowledge about gardening through work with Master Gardeners program
- Preparation for future employment
- Possible school credit for community service
- Receive an education about the Bellevue community
- Gain a sense of responsibility
To apply, please submit the following:
- Volunteer Application
- FCRA Summary of Rights
- Parks Background Check Form
- Waiver of Liability Form
- Volunteer Agreement Form
Return application materials to:
City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department
Attn: Dan Lassiter
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
For questions, contact:
Dan Lassiter, 425-452-7681 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Darrion Spratley, 425-452-7681 or email email@example.com
- Application paperwork is reviewed and forwarded to appropriate staff based on a match of the position and related qualifications
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Qualified applicants will interview with Dan Lassiter.
- Reference checks and Washington State Patrol Background Check will be conducted.
- Applicants selected for volunteer position will be notified and will attend an orientation.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.