The City of Bellevue is accepting applications from those interested in joining the Bellevue Diversity Advisory Network. BDAN supports and guides the city’s relationships with diverse communities in Bellevue. The application, available in multiple languages at BDAN, is due by 5 p.m. Monday, Aug. 15.
Bellevue embraces diversity as a major asset positively impacting the community’s economy, culture and education. In 2014, the City Council adopted a vision statement that begins, “Bellevue welcomes the world. Our diversity is our strength.”
Appointed by the city manager, BDAN members provides important counsel to all departments. The panel also provides feedback and insight on issues relevant to communities in Bellevue in efforts to increase equity, access and inclusion.
The city is looking for a wide range of representation on BDAN. Applicants must:
- Work or live in Bellevue;
- Have cultural connections and knowledge of the city’s diverse population;
- Possess a willingness, curiosity and interest in bridging cultural gaps to strengthen community;
- Be prepared to volunteer a minimum of two to four hours a month, including monthly meetings; and
- Be willing to serve a minimum of two years on the board.
Additional information about activities and meetings is available at BDAN. For questions, please contact Yuriana Garcia Tellez, diversity outreach and engagement administrator, (email@example.com or 425-452-7886).