Air quality in Bellevue is usually very good, but that can change on short notice. Wildfire smoke, volcanic ash or other contaminants can degrade air quality for several days at a time. This is another good reason to sign up for alerts to be informed.
- Keep an eye on air quality maps and local weather reports.
- Avoid physical exertion outdoors if smoke is in the air.
- Stay inside, close windows and doors.
- Keep the inside air as clean as possible.
- Run an air filter inside your home. You can buy or make one.
Access to clean, breathable air is always a top priority. Follow health guidelines, and sensitive groups with health conditions should take extra precautions.