The information technology department partners, innovates and evolves to deliver high value, customer-focused solutions.
The ITD mission focuses on what is needed to meet the technology and business challenges in upcoming years: partnership to achieve effective solutions that optimize operations and services; a commitment to innovation with the organization and community; and a responsibility to continue evolving our services and technology to meet rapidly changing city needs. ITD’s role related to the Enterprise Technology Strategic Plan is finding ways to inspire customers with emerging technology trends and finding opportunities to apply new capabilities to enhance service delivery and efficiency. ITD leverages its expertise in technology procurement, IT security, system integration, technology portfolio management and IT best practices to ensure successful selection and implementation of technology solutions.
- PTI Solutions Award for Utilities Mobile Mapping Solution
- PTI Solutions Award for Community Cybersecurity Awareness Outreach
- PTI Solutions Award honorable mention for the Water Quality Dashboard for a Smart City
- First place winner in the Center for Government Technologies Digital Cities Survey
- Public Technology Institute Award for Web services, e-government and mobile apps Application Development of MyBuildingPermit.com Registered Basics Module 2017
- Bellevue named 4th most Digital City in the US. This award recognizes enhancements to the city website, open data, regional partnerships, mobile applications and social media.
- Public Technology Institute Award for Public Safety for the Local Government Fault Tolerant Shared Network
- Two City Innovation Awards for the Spark Technology Fair and for Mobile Mapping for our Internal Customers
- Awarded 3 National Technology Solutions Awards from the Public Technology Institute for work on the Web Based Map Gallery, Carrier Agnostic Distributed Antenna System for City Hall and The Botanical Gardens Mobile App
- Bellevue was awarded a NIST Grant in 2016 to develop a citywide Smart City Dashboard, initially focused on smart water