Deputy Mayor 1/2/18-12/31/19
3-5 p.m., Wednesday, Friday
Deputy Mayor Lynne Robinson joined the City Council in 2014, and she has a long history of civic involvement. She served on the Parks & Community Services Board for five years, chairing it from 2011 to 2013, when the board guided the development of plans for the new waterfront Meydenbauer Bay Park and improvements to the Bellevue Botanical Garden.
Lynne advocates for the environment, parks and open spaces, human services and affordable housing in Bellevue. She proposed a property tax exemption adopted by the council for multifamily complexes that include affordable housing. A proponent of tech startups, Lynne encouraged two 2014 events at City Hall, Bellevue Tech Hive and Startup Weekend Bellevue, as well as an Equity Crowdfunding Workshop in 2015.
She represents the council on the Eastside Human Services Forum Executive Board, the Safe Energy Leadership Alliance and the King County Cities Climate Collaboration. She is council liaison to the Human Services Commission and the Disability Board.
Lynne served on and chaired the Bellevue Network on Aging at the same time she was on the Park Board.
A physical therapist with her own business, Lynne holds a doctorate in physical therapy from Regis University and a bachelor's degree in physical therapy from Northwestern University Medical School. She also earned a bachelor's degree in community services from California State University Chico. In 2015 Governor Jay Inslee appointed Lynne to a three-year term on the state Board of Physical Therapy.
Lynne and husband Dan Watson have lived in the Woodridge neighborhood of Bellevue since 1997.
Council Assignments and Appointments
- Eastside Human Services Forum Executive Board
- King County Cities Climate Collaboration
- Mental Illness Drug Dependency Oversight Committee
- Puget Sound Regional Council Growth Management Policy Board (alternate)
- Puget Sound Regional Council Executive Board (alternate)
- Disability Board
- Human Services Commission Liaison
- Environmental Stewardship Initiative Council Team
- Safe Energy Leadership Alliance
Past Council Assignments and Appointments
- Special Events Committee Liaison
- Parks & Community Services Board Liaison
- Puget Sound Regional Council Transportation Policy Board
- Parks & Community Services Board, 2008-2013 (chair, 2011-2013)
- Bellevue Network on Aging, 2007-2013
- Woodridge Elementary Program Delivery Council, 2002-2004
- Woodridge Garden Club, 2001-2005
- Mount Baker Park Presbyterian Church, 1992-1998
- Volunteer, Bellevue School District
- Volunteer, Bellevue Youth Theatre
- Volunteer, Bellevue West Little League
- Volunteer, Girl Scouts
- Volunteer, Overlake Auxiliaries
- Small business owner
- Regis University, Doctorate, Physical Therapy
- Northwestern University Medical School, Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy
- California State University Chico, Bachelor of Arts, Community Services