Deputy Mayor 1/2/18-12/31/19
3-5 p.m., Wednesday, Friday
Mayor Lynne Robinson joined the City Council in 2014, and she has a long history of civic involvement. She is a champion for startups and small business, and has encouraged startup and equity crowdfunding workshops at City Hall. Her colleagues voted her mayor in January 2020, after she had served a term as deputy mayor.
Lynne also advocates for the environment, parks and open spaces, human services and affordable housing in Bellevue. She proposed a property tax exemption adopted by the council for multifamily complexes that include affordable housing.
She represents the council as chair of the Eastside Human Services Forum Executive Board and as a member of the Safe Energy Leadership Alliance, the King County Cities Climate Collaboration and the King County Mental Illness and Drug Disability Oversight Committee. She is council liaison to the Human Services Commission and the Disability Board.
Before her election to the council, Lynne served on and chaired the Bellevue Network on Aging and the Parks & Community Services Board.
A physical therapist with her own business, Lynne holds a doctorate in physical therapy from Regis University and a bachelor's degree in physical therapy from Northwestern University Medical School. She also earned a bachelor's degree in community services from California State University Chico. In 2015 Governor Jay Inslee appointed Lynne to a three-year term on the state Board of Physical Therapy. Lynne developed an interest in computer science while in college and worked on the first programmable word processor during college summers in San Francisco.
Lynne and husband Dan Watson have lived in the Woodridge neighborhood of Bellevue since 1997.
Council Assignments and Appointments
- Eastside Human Services Forum Executive Board
- King County Cities Climate Collaboration
- Mental Illness Drug Dependency Oversight Committee
- Puget Sound Regional Council Growth Management Policy Board (alternate)
- Puget Sound Regional Council Executive Board (alternate)
- Disability Board
- Human Services Commission Liaison
- Environmental Stewardship Initiative Council Team
- Safe Energy Leadership Alliance
Past Council Assignments and Appointments
- Special Events Committee Liaison
- Parks & Community Services Board Liaison
- Puget Sound Regional Council Transportation Policy Board
- Parks & Community Services Board, 2008-2013 (chair, 2011-2013)
- Bellevue Network on Aging, 2007-2013
- Woodridge Elementary Program Delivery Council, 2002-2004
- Woodridge Garden Club, 2001-2005
- Mount Baker Park Presbyterian Church, 1992-1998
- Volunteer, Bellevue School District
- Volunteer, Bellevue Youth Theatre
- Volunteer, Bellevue West Little League
- Volunteer, Girl Scouts
- Volunteer, Overlake Auxiliaries
- Small business owner
- Regis University, Doctorate, Physical Therapy
- Northwestern University Medical School, Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy
- California State University Chico, Bachelor of Arts, Community Services