Published February 8 2021
Bellevue Utilities is offering another round of the popular “Greener Living” virtual classes on a variety of environmental conservation topics. Attendees to these interactive classes, taught live over Zoom, will receive digital resources, tips and tools after each class.
Classes are geared toward adults and children over seven. Families with younger kids can join two “all ages” classes in April (Earth Month).
Registration is required to receive a class link. To register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-452-6932. Details for the classes, offered in February, March and April, are available at BellevueWA.gov/greener-living-classes.
- Safer Cleaning – Live demonstrations of how to make safer cleaners and safer purchasing choices.
- Super Sorter – Learn where items at home go: recycling, compost or garbage, and what happens to each type of waste when it leaves your home.
- Reduce Wasted Food – Hands-on examples of how to maximize your food through proper storage, label reading and innovative recipes.
- Responsible Reorganizing – Explore how to downsize your stuff at home without tossing it into the trash.
- Curbside Composting and Beyond – Dig into how to identify compostable products and how to set up composting service for your house, apartment or condominium.
- Plastics: Problems and Possibilities – Learn what plastics can be recycled and how to help reduce our global plastic piles through action.
- Sustainable Shopping – Resources for borrowing, reusing, repairing and purchasing, and making choices on products you need vs. want.