Following direction from public health officials, the city is halting public access to City Hall immediately, shifting to delivery of services online and other ways as of Tuesday, March 17.
The closure of City Hall and the Bellevue Service Center follows closures of Mini City Hall and Bellevue community centers as part of a national effort to contain the spread of COVID-19. Public access to City Hall will be re-evaluated in two weeks.
City staff are still working, in many cases from home, accessing their city accounts and call forwarding to continue providing service. Residents can access city services from their homes at BellevueWA.gov, with key phone numbers available on the Contact Us page. Police and Fire services are still available. For emergencies, call 911.
- Report issues via MyBellevue customer assistance portal or the mobile app free in phone app stores.
- Pay water and sewer charges online at MyUtilityBill.bellevuewa.gov.
- Apply for building permits at MyBuildingPermit.com or call 425-452-4898.
- For non-emergency police assistance, call 425-577-5656 or report non-emergency crimes online.
- You can call City Hall Service First at 425-452-6800.
- The city will continue to accept legal service. For service of process, please call 425-452-6800.
For the latest accurate news updates about the city's COVID-19 response, see COVID-19 Updates. Health recommendations, facility closures and event cancellations are on COVID-19. You can also check the city’s Twitter handle any time at @BellevueWA.