The Bellevue Police have contracted with Public Safety Corporation to manage false alarms in Bellevue. All home and business alarms in Bellevue that summon police, including unmonitored ones, must be registered with PSC. Please register your alarms. You can contact PSC at 855-694-8280 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 2014 the City Council passed the False Alarm Ordinance to reduce false alarms at residential and commercial properties. The ordinance requires alarm registration and includes a civil penalty process for false alarm activations. PSC administers registration, billing, notifications and fine collection.
The law does not apply to motor vehicle or boat alarms, fire alarms, alarms designed solely to alert the occupants of a building/residence that do not emit a signal either audible or visible from outside the building/residence, or alarms designed to elicit a medical response.
- False Alarm Fines - $100 for false burglar alarms and $200 for false panic/ hold up alarms. The first-time fine may be waived if the alarm user passes an online alarm education class. Unpaid accounts may be sent to a collection agency for payment after 120 days.
- Registration Updates - Alarm users are required to update their registration information within 30 days of a change to maintain the effectiveness of the program.
- False alarm appeal process
- False alarm prevention tips
- False alarm ordinance FAQ's
- False alarm penalty appeal guidelines