• Apply for a Concealed Pistol License

    Header Image

    City Hall is currently closed to the public to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.  The Bellevue Police Department has suspended all police department front counter services, including accepting and processing Concealed Pistol License Applications in person.

    Effective September 1st, 2020, we will begin accepting Original Concealed Pistol License (CPLs) applications by mail. Fingerprints* must be taken for new applicants and are required for the application to be considered complete.

    The necessary application forms to apply for a Washington State Concealed Pistol License and/or a Firearms Dealer License can be obtained by requesting them from the Police Records Unit during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).

    Applications are being accepted and processed by mail only. Please contact us at 425-452-6917 or by email at BPDRecords@bellevuewa.gov before submitting your application, and we will provide you with all necessary information.

    The Bellevue Police Department has reviewed the process of Bellevue Fingerprinting Service, a local business, and has found them to be in compliance with our requirements and will submit your fingerprint card on your behalf. However, you are not required to use their services. Additional fees are applicable for Bellevue Fingerprinting Service or another vendor. Should you find a different vendor to take your fingerprints, you will need to submit your fingerprint card sealed by the selected fingerprinting service to the Bellevue Police Department Records Unit by mail together with your completed application and fee.

    Please call 425-452-6917 or email BPDRecords@bellevuewa.gov before submitting your application for additional information. The Records Department is closed on all city-observed holidays.

    Concealed Pistol License

    Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a citizen of the United States (or permanent resident alien) and live within Bellevue city limits. Applicants must also show a valid picture identification and apply in person. If you do not have a Washington State driver license or ID card, you must provide proof you have lived in the state for at least the last 90 days. If you are not a Washington state resident, you may apply at any local law enforcement agency in Washington State. For more information, please refer to the Department of Licensing (Concealed Pistol License).

    *When City Hall Reopens: Fingerprinting services are available only for individuals applying for concealed weapons licenses and firearm dealer licenses as well as Bellevue residents in conjunction with the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act. For other fingerprinting requests, please refer to a local business and/or outside agency.

    • New Application:

      A non-refundable fee of $49.25 is collected at the time of application. Once the license is approved, it will be mailed directly to the applicant. Allow 30 days for processing. A concealed pistol license is valid for five years from the date of issue.
    • Renewal Application:

      You can renew your license 90 days before expiration and up to 90 days after expiration. A fee of $32 is charged up to the date of expiration. After expiration, and up to 90 days later, the fee is $42. If your license is more than 90 days past its' expiration date, you must apply for a new license.
    • Replacement Licenses:

      A license can be replaced if it is lost or the owner has a name or address change. The cost of a replacement is $10. If you have a Washington state driver's license, you are required by law to notify the Department of Licensing within 10 days of moving. The address on file with the Department of Licensing must be your residential address, even if you use a post office box or alternate mailing address.
    • The Bellevue Police Department is able to accept the following forms of payment: Cash, check, Visa, and Mastercard.

    Firearms Dealer Licenses

    To obtain a Firearms Dealer License, and for additional information regarding requirements for dealers, please visit the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) website if you have not yet received your Federal Firearms License, and refer to the Department of Licensing website for additional requirements for your Firearms Dealer License. Please contact Bellevue Police Records by phone 425-452-6917 or via email at bpdrecords@bellevuewa.gov for options to obtain the requirement fingerprints for Firearms Dealer License.