Explore Bellevue's hidden treasures by bike on the Lake to Lake Bike Ride on June 8, 2019, rain or shine. Bring the whole family to this enjoyable, non-competitive ride benefiting the City of Bellevue's youth camp scholarship fund. Video about the ride
The event begins at Robinswood Community Park, with the start area open from 9-10 a.m. The course will be marked and well-supported by staff and volunteers until noon. The event ends at noon.
Start times are:
- Long Course - 9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Short Course - 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Kids Ride for ages 8 and under - 12:15 p.m.
Two routes are offered: a mostly flat, nine-mile Greenbelt loop, and a more challenging 22-mile Lake Loop with significant elevation gain. Both routes are approximately 80 percent paved road and 20 percent small gravel.
Route MapsWe are offering turn-by-turn navigation through Ride with GPS. Please follow the steps below:
- Go to RideWithGPS.com and sign in or sign up. If you currently have a personal account, simply log in. If you need to create a new account, click sign up and follow the prompts to create your free account.
- Once you have signed in, click this link to add the event to your scheduled rides. Please note that you still need to register online in order to participate in the ride. (Registration should be available by late March.)
Past participants have ridden these courses on all types of bikes. Over the six-year duration of the ride, riders have told us they prefer a cyclo cross adventure type of bike with tires that have some traction, or a mountain bike. The event will have a bike mechanic from Gregg's on site at the start to assist with safety checks and minor repairs. All riders must wear helmets.
All participants will receive a custom-designed event "barkie" (buff) and various freebies at the post-event prize giveaway.
All participants must obey the rules of the road and trail. Recommended for riders ages 9 and older (Greenbelt Loop). All riders under age 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult on all rides.
Interested in volunteering for this event? Contact Ted Mittelstaedt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-452-4882.