Appeals must be submitted in writing, together with an appeal notification form, and filed with the City Clerk’s Office no later than 5 p.m. on the last day of the appeal period.
The hearing examiners have jurisdiction over most appeal matters, and procedures can be found in the city code:
- Chapter 20.35 (land use decisions);
- Chapter 1.18 (civil violations);
- Chapter 22.02 (environmental procedures);
- Chapter 4.03 (correction of tax); or
- Chapter 22.16 (transportation impact fee).
An outline of appeal procedures may be found in each chapter identified above. Other city codes or ordinances may provide for hearings to be conducted by a hearing examiner.
In addition, appeals to City Council require a transcript of the proceedings before the Hearing Examiner. Submit the completed Transcript Request Form to the hearing examiner's office.
For more details regarding Council rules of procedure for appeals, see Resolution 9473.