These are the official FEMA maps from the federal Department of Homeland Security used to assess whether a property is located within a floodplain. The maps do not show insurance rates but do show various FEMA flood zones insurers uses to calculate rates. To find the FEMA map for your property:
- Use the map index to determine which map panel contains your property.
- Click on the panel or the panel number to the right of the map Index.
- Panels that have official Letters of Map Revisions (LOMRs) are shown to the right of the panel number.
- It is important that you also look at the LOMR associated with your map panel (if any).
- A LOMR contains updated flood hazard information on a portion of the map panel. This information supersedes the information on the original map panel.
- The Special Flood Hazard Areas that require mandatory insurance are A and AE zones and are shaded in gray. These are the areas that are likely to flood, with a 1-percent chance of occurring in any given year.