Highland Outdoor Skate Plaza
14224 Bel-Red Road
Open dawn to 11 p.m. daily
This 13,000 square-foot skatepark replicates some of the world's favorite street skate spots. Instead of half pipes or bowls, it resembles everyday obstacles including various ledges, banks, stairs, hubbas, rails, benches, gaps and barriers. The park is also lit for evening skateboarding or rollerblading.
In 2017 we added a 24-foot flat bar, an across-and-down rail and a 40-foot "slappy" curb. The surface has been refinished and is very smooth. The plaza is lit for evening skateboarding or rollerblading.
Crossroads Park Skate Bowl16000 NE 10th St.
Open dawn to dusk
This state-of-the-art bowl was built by world-renowned skate park builder Grindline. Empty swimming pools paved the way for one of the earliest genres of skateboarding in the ‘70s. This skate park was built to emulate a similar feel, but with modern additions.
The massive bowl’s depth ranges from 4 to 9.5 feet. The bowl features an over-vertical "clamshell," multiple hips, escalators, a tombstone and various coping made of steel and concrete.
Lakemont Park Skate Bowl5170 Village Park Dr SE
Open dawn to dusk
The Lakemont Skate Bowl is smaller than a traditional skate park, It features a pyramid, ledges, a wall ride and other obstacles. The skate bowl is designed for skateboarding and rollerblading.
Outdoor Skate Park Rules
- The City of Bellevue's outdoor skateparks are skate-at-your-own-risk facilities. Appropriate safety gear, including helmets, footwear, elbow and knee guards, are strongly recommended. Skaters at the Highland Outdoor Skate Plaza can rent helmets and safety gear at the adjacent indoor skatepark.
- Graffiti in the skate plaza is illegal and will not be tolerated. Keep the park surface clean, as graffiti will close the skate areas for paint removal.
- Roller skates, in-line skates, and skateboards are the only equipment allowed in the skate areas. Other equipment is prohibited.
- Animals are not allowed in the skateparks.
- Skating during rain, when the skatepark areas are wet, or during routine maintenance is prohibited.
- No competitive or demonstration events are allowed without prior approval of the City of Bellevue Parks Department.
- The following items and activities are prohibited:
- BMX bikes and all other forms of bicycles
- Glass containers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco products
- Vending (except by permit)
- Radios or amplified sound may not be used if audible at a distance of over 30 feet.
- Modifications of the skate plaza and skate bowls are prohibited.
- All persons using the skate plaza and skate bowls will adhere to all other park and skatepark rules and regulations, and all applicable state and federal laws.