The Bellevue Clean Buildings Incentive Program is designed to help large buildings in Bellevue reduce energy use, leverage financial incentives for energy efficiency projects, and comply early with the WA State Clean Buildings Act.
The WA State Clean Buildings Standard requires commercial buildings over 50,000 square feet to meet specified energy efficiency targets starting in 2026, and provides incentives through the Early Adopter Incentive program for buildings to comply early and implement energy efficiency projects.
The Bellevue Clean Buildings Incentive Program is currently under development and will launch at the end of 2021.
Program Participants will receive the following services:
- Energy Star Portfolio Manager qualified technical support for energy efficiency benchmarking required for compliance
- Building scoping assessment to identify energy saving opportunities
- Early Adopter Incentive application support for building’s 15 or more points from their energy target
- Access to training sessions focused on energy benchmarking, operation and maintenance best practices, and energy management planning
- Support for submitting Early Compliance documentation via the State’s Clean Buildings Portal
- Access to Clean Buildings Compliance Help Desk and “how to” videos
- PSE Incentive Acquisition support
- Recognition as a Bellevue Clean Building Ambassador
Buildings over 50,000 square feet located in Bellevue are eligible to participate in the City of Bellevue program. Commercial buildings required to comply with the WA State Clean Buildings Act should have received a letter from the Department of Commerce with information on how to comply. Multi-family residential buildings are not required to comply with the state law, but are eligible to apply for the Early Adopter Incentives if they meet the specified energy efficiency eligibility requirements.
The goals of the program are to support buildings in Bellevue in reducing energy use and greenhouse gas emissions by providing complementary energy benchmarking support and building scoping assessments, to put buildings on the path towards compliance with the WA State Clean Buildings Standard and to leverage the Early Adopter Incentive funds. Bellevue is working with MacDonald Miller, a local engineering firm with deep experience in building energy efficiency in the region.
To learn more, sign up for our newsletter and stay tuned for the official program announcement in December and an informational webinar on January 12th.