Fats, oils and grease can clog wastewater collection and treatment systems, causing sewage spills, manhole overflows and/or sewage backups in homes and businesses. Animal- and vegetable-based oil and grease generated by restaurants and fast-food outlets are a big part of the problem.
To help restaurant managers and owners deal with oil and grease responsibly and economically, the Bellevue Utilities offers instructions for installing and maintaining grease traps and interceptors, as well as information about local haulers and recyclers who deal with oils and grease.
- Frequently asked questions
- Best management practices
- Fats, Oil & Grease haulers and recyclers
- How a grease trap and interceptor system works
- System maintenance
- Inspection and installation checklists
- Grease Trap Maintenance Log
- Fats, oils and grease flyer in English and Español
- Brochure for restaurants