The Utilities Department maintains pipes, pump stations with dozens of capital projects each year, including the following major projects. All Utilities capital projects valued at $100,000 or more can be found on the city's Capital Projects map.
About the Utilities Capital Investment Program
Current projects underway:
- 136th Avenue NE Water Inlet Station
- Cherry Crest Pump Station Replacement
- Emergency Water Supply Distribution Master Plan
- Factoria Boulevard Stormwater Conveyance Improvements Project
- Horizon View 2 Reservoir Project
- Lake Washington Lake Line Management Plan Project
- Lower Coal Creek Flood Hazard Reduction
- Newport Sewer Basin Improvements Projects
- Pikes Peak Reservoir Replacement
- Somerset Reservoir Decommissioning Project
Sewer, surface water, and water codes, engineering standards, maps and comprehensive plans. Utilities engineering standards are updated annually.
Utilities comprehensive plans and reports – developed for the utility systems we manage. They are intended for residents, business owners, city staff, developers and other interested parties. These plans also evaluate our management of these systems, provide direction for future planning, and help us meet federal, state and regional regulations. They include the following: