• Outdoor Classes

    Header Image
    Clyde Beach Park

    Are you looking for an outdoor setting to teach a class? Consider using a Bellevue Park.

    If a class has an instructor who collects fees (set rate or suggested donation), it is considered as conducting business in a park. Therefore, a permit is required.

    The following information is for classes anticipating attendance of 50 people or less.  Classes anticipating more than 50 people are considered an event and follow the Outdoor Rentals, Park Use Fees.

    Cost: $35 non-refundable application fee per request, plus hourly park use fees:

    • 25 people or less anticipated to attend - $8 per hour
    • 26-50 people anticipated to attend - $16 per hour

    To start the feasibility process, email the following class details to ParkRental@BellevueWA.gov:

    1. Type of class you plan to teach
    2. Park(s) interested in and the area within the park(s) you would like to hold class
    3. Class time frame including set-up and clean-up time
    4. What equipment will you bring into the park to use during class
    5. Will there be music and/or amplified sound
    6. What equipment will the attendees bring with them to use in the park

    Once the information is reviewed and determined to be feasible, the permit process can begin.

    To obtain a permit:

    • Review the Park Use Guidelines prior to making a reservation.
    • Fill out a Park Reservation Request Form for each park, if requesting multiple locations. Include all the class dates for the year in a separate document with each request. Form must be received a minimum of 21 days prior to first class date.
    • When signing the agreement section of the Park Reservation Request Form, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to comply with the Park Use Guidelines and all COVID-19 guidance. 
    • A monthly payment plan is available, if a Credit Card Authorization Form is submitted.
    • Businesses that conduct business in Bellevue must have a Washington State UBI number.
    • Businesses must register and obtain a Bellevue business license if they answer <YES> to either of these questions:
      • Do you have a physical location in Bellevue? 
      • Will your annual gross receipts in the City of Bellevue exceed $2,000.00?

    If you answered <YES> to either question you must register and obtain a Bellevue business license. To register for a license please go to FileLocal, set-up your account, and pay for your license. If you have questions, feel free to contact the Bellevue Tax Office at 425-452-6851 or visit Business Taxes and Licenses for additional information.

    • A Certificate of Insurance from the business is required, meeting the following requirements:
      • The City of Bellevue, its officials, employees and volunteers, PO Box 90012, Bellevue, WA 98009-9012 must be listed as Certificate Holder and named Additional Insured.
      • Minimum amount of General Liability is $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate.
    • To receive credit for dates canceled, a minimum of ten (10) days’ notice is required by email.  There are no refunds for inclement weather.
    • Each time additional dates are requested, a new Park Reservation Request Form is required, as well as another $35 non-refundable application fee per request and applicable park use fees.

    Anyone conducting a class in a City of Bellevue Park without a permit is violating City Code and can be trespassed from park property.