Bellevue's extensive and varied park system is the result of long-term vision and planning. The city's Parks and Open Space System Plan ensures that the city's parks continue to meet residents' needs.
Parks' Planning, Design and Project Management group transforms ideas into parks, trails, open space and facilities through activities including:
- Planning, design and construction of park projects;
- Review of proposed city and private development plans to evaluate impacts on the park system;
- Applying for and managing grants for capital projects;
- Creation/update of comprehensive planning documents;
- Special project analyses.