All program participants 12 and older will be required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or an approved negative test in order to enter indoor recreation and community facilities in compliance with Public Health of Seattle & King County’s Vaccine Verification Order. More Information
In response to state and local orders issued to protect residents’ health from COVID–19, the City of Bellevue has cancelled all programs at Bellevue Botanical Garden until further notice. We are sorry for the inconvenience and disruption.
Current Status: Keep in mind this is a fluid situation, and things may change in the days ahead:
- Hours: The Garden grounds remain open daily from dawn to dusk.
- Restrooms: The restrooms in the Visitor Center are open.
- Parking and admission to the Bellevue Botanical Garden are free.
- Copper Kettle Coffee Bar is open daily for to-go orders only. View current hours online here. Order on the south side of the Shorts House only, with no entry into the Shorts House.
- Trillium Store gift shop is open with limited hours for in-person shopping, and now offers online shopping and curbside pickup. View current details here.
- All events, rentals, programs and on-site volunteer activities are canceled.
- No new facility bookings will be permitted at this time.
- Professional photography permits are being considered with at least one week’s notice. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
If you have questions about Covid–19 , please visit the Public Health website at https://www.kingcounty.gov/
The Bellevue Botanical Garden features cultivated display gardens, natural wetlands and a woodland trail. The Botanical Garden displays the best plants and gardening practices for healthy, beautiful Northwest gardens. Visitors are encouraged to participate in Garden volunteerism, events and programs that are engaging, educational and inspiring.
With 300,000 visitors a year, the garden is one of the city's most popular destinations – the perfect place for a quiet moment to enjoy the beauty of the Northwest. Docents offer guided tours, providing details about the plants and displays. The Botanical Garden opened in 1992 and thrives because of strong community support, including a partnership between the city and the Bellevue Botanical Garden Society. Many of the links below will take you to the BBGS website.
From I-405 take the NE 8th Street exit going east. Turn right on 116th Avenue NE. Go south .6 mile to SE 1st Street. Turn left at the light onto SE 1st Street. Wind up the hill, over the tracks, and turn right at the first light onto Main Street. The Garden is up the hill about three blocks on the right.
Accessible restrooms are located in the Administration Building and in the Shorts House. Accessible parking is available in the Garden's parking lot. Wheelchairs are not available at the Bellevue Botanical Garden. For your convenience, you may rent a wheelchair from these companies:
- Bellevue Healthcare - 425-451-2842
- Allcare - 425-455-8330
- Wheels to Go (Seattle) - 206-622-2662
- Wheelchair Haven (Renton) - 253-242-5922
Photography at the Garden:
All facility or photography scheduling for the Bellevue Botanical Garden is done through the Volunteer Program Coordinator. Call 425-452-2750 or email BBGRentals@bellevuewa.gov to inquire about fees, hours, rules or to request a rental form.
Lost and Found:
Please contact the Garden Office at 425-452-2750, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Aaron Education Center at Bellevue Botanical Garden was completed in 2014 and is the ideal setting for meetings, events, classes, lectures and plant sales. Use of facilities is restricted to non-profit group activities, with priority given to Garden partner groups conducting business in support of Garden operations. Check availability and make reservations though the Facilities Coordinator at 425-452-2750 or email your inquiry to BBGRentals@bellevuewa.gov .
Dogs and Other Pets in the Garden:
Please note that other than service animals, dogs and other pets are not allowed at the Bellevue Botanical Garden.
We are not able to accommodate weddings or other private parties at this time. Contact the Garden Office at 425-452-2750 if you are interested in wedding photography.