Kelsey Creek Farm Park
Donations are welcome - please see Kelsey Creek Farm's wish list!
150 acres of farm, forest, meadows and wetlands located in the heart of Bellevue offer a glimpse of Bellevue's rural past.
Winter-Spring Programs - January-April 2017
All programs listed below take place at Kelsey Creek Farm, 410 130th Place SE. Click on the course titles below to go directly to the registration page for that program. For questions or more assistance, email email@example.com or call 425-452-7688. January-April Program flyer
- Animal Enrichment Early Release Wednesday (ages 6-10) - Help create enrichment opportunities to actively engage and entertain our farm animals. Learn how they think, how each animal needs different activities based on their instincts, and why it's important for animals to stay busy. Let's make our farm animals' habitats rewarding and fun. We'll work in the farm yard and do art/craft activities, too!
- Kelsey Creek Farm Explorers Class (ages 3-6) - Children actively participate in animal care, barn chores, a pony ride, baking, and gardening. Curriculum is integrated with seasonal themes, arts and crafts, stories and games. Activities vary between sessions. Children must be potty-trained and should bring a lunch with beverage. Snack is provided.
- Kelsey Creek Little Farmers Class (ages 2-3 with an adult) - Join Farmer Jayne in a special hands-on opportunity to experience farm life with your 2-3 year-old. Children team up with their parent/adult to actively participate in animal care, barn chores, pony ride, baking and gardening. Curriculum is integrated with seasonal themes, art and crafts, stories and games. Spend one-on-one time with your child in this fun and active learning class. Activities vary between sessions during the school year. Both children and adults should dress in play clothes with sturdy shoes/boots. Snack provided. Adult/child teams only. Underage siblings are welcome; please call in advance for important information.
- Guitar Lessons (ages 11 years and older) - Learn to play guitar in a 50-minute classroom setting for both beginners and those with some experience. Private lessons are also available ($40/40 minutes). Call Ed Carlson at 425-503-9054 to schedule private lessons.
- Kelsey Creek Farm School Break Camp - Mid-Winter (ages 4-6 years old) - Mid-Winter Break with nothing to do? Keep busy at the farm! Meet and learn about our farm animal friends, work in the barn with rakes and pails, and mix up treats for the animals. We'll create art and bake snacks too.
- Cartooniversity Camp (ages 9-14 years old) - Explore the art of cartooning in-depth with local editorial cartoonist/humorous illustrator, Jeff Johnson. Areas of study will include character development, expressions, directional views, action poses, backgrounds, perspective and lettering.
- Kelsey Creek Farm School Break Camp - Spring Break (ages 4-6 years old) - Spring Break with nothing to do? Keep busy at the farm! Learn about our animal friends, work in the barn with rakes and pails, and mix up treats for the animals. We'll create art, bake snacks, and play games. Bring a lunch and drink. Snack provided.
- Pony Day Camp (ages 5-7 years old) - Are you crazy for ponies? Come experience a full week packed with pony activities. Assist in grooming, saddling, care and feeding. This week's camp will include pony rides, equine craft projects and games. End the week with a tractor-pulled wagon ride and western-style cookout.
Summer Programs - please note that summer programs begin on June 28 to accommodate Bellevue School District snow days. Summer program flyer
Here's a quick and easy way to view all the information regarding classes, camps, and volunteer opportunities at Kelsey Creek Farm Park:
The Farm's Mission is to:
- Preserve this site's natural resources and share its historic farm environment with the community through education;
- Provide the community with a variety of free and/or affordable programs, activities and events; and
- Support and interpret this unique and treasured public farm.
The farm's two historic barns sit prominently on the crest of a hill, overlooking the shallow valleys to each side. Farm animals are out in the pastures or yards daily. Come by and see them! They are available for viewing daily from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 365 days/year, including weekends and holidays. The farm receives over 250,000 visits each year.
The farm's programs emphasize its uniqueness, with children's recreational programs, seasonal camps, pony care and farm experience classes, farm-themed tours, and many volunteer opportunities. There is no formal entrance fee; however, we welcome and appreciate your donations.
When visiting Kelsey Creek Farm, all dogs and other pets must on a leash at all times. Out of respect to the farm animals' health and wellbeing, all pets are strictly prohibited from the area surrounding the barns (the barnyard).
Groups of 10 or more must pre-register; please call in advance, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., at 425-452-7688, or email KelseyCreekFarm@bellevuewa.gov .
The park features hiking and jogging trails, picnic areas, a playground suitable for young tots, wetlands open grassy areas, creeks, wetlands and forests. The historic Fraser Cabin sits on the hill adjacent to the park's dairy barns. The Eastside Heritage Center hosts drop-in programs for visitors, and there are Log Cabin Day Camps for children. The picnic shelter is located south of the parking lot (see rental information); tables are located throughout the park. Pathways meander through the open lawn areas. Sit on one of the many benches and take in the breath-taking views. The ridge to the east of the farm harbors a beautiful forest of big-leaf maples, alders, black cottonwoods and vine maples (brilliant in fall), with scattered Douglas firs, cedars and spruce. Rivulets trickle down the hillside, creating a moist forest floor lush with ferns and a large variety of shrubs and herbaceous plants.
Kelsey Creek Park Trails
Inclement Weather Plan
Call 425-452-7688 before travelling to Kelsey Creek Farm to ensure the facility is open.
In the event of inclement weather, the City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department will make every effort to clearly communicate the status of facilities and programs, scheduled special events and rentals. Administration will make an operational decision based upon the safety of participants and employees and the ability to appropriately staff programs and facilities.
As a general rule, if the Bellevue School District is closed due to a weather event, all Parks & Community Services Department classes and programs will be cancelled for the entire day. If the Bellevue School District is on a delayed schedule, call the facility for an updated status report. Select facilities may be open for drop-in activities at a modified level. If you are unable to reach the facility, call the Parks & Community Services Department's general information number at 425-452-6885.
Please note: Animal viewing hours will vary during weather events depending on conditions.
Inclement weather can affect park use and trail conditions. Please use caution when visiting park sites during poor weather, as trails and other park facilities may become wet and slippery. Park trails may be closed.