What is Crossroads Connect?
Crossroads Connect is an on-demand mobility service connecting riders to and from the Rapid Ride B Line stations and Eastgate Park and Ride within the service area. Either your destination or your starting point must be at a RapidRide B Line station or the Eastgate Park and Ride, or eligible vaccination sites (locations updated weekly). The service is available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
How do I book a trip?
On the home screen of the app, select “Where to” – your start location will default to your current location.
- If you are connecting to a Rapid Ride B Line Station, the Eastgate Park and Ride, or an eligible vaccination site, click the applicable location from the list of station options for your destination. Your start location must be within the Crossroads Connect Service area.
- If you are connecting to a location within the service area from a RapidRide B Line station, the Eastgate Park and Ride or an eligible vaccination site, enter your destination in the “where to” field. You can also set your destination location on the map.
When booking a trip through the app, you will have two options:
- Crossroads Connect – Trips will be provided by King County Metro contracted drivers in Metro-owned vehicles that adhere to Metro’s COVID safety and operational standards. This service will cost a regular bus fare with standard Metro fare collection methods. Your trip includes a free transfer to connecting bus service. If the service is experiencing a high level of demand, wait times may be longer.
You can also book a ride by calling 1-855-233-6043.
Where and when is Crossroads Connect available?
- Hours of operation - The service hours for Crossroads Connect are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Service is not available on Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Service area - You can only request a ride to or from locations within the service area, with either the start or end being the designated RapidRide B Line stations or the Eastgate Park and Ride, as indicated on the service area map.
How long will I wait for a trip?
What if my trip was denied?
- Outside of service hours/zones – If you are trying to book a trip outside of the service area or service hours, your trip will be declined.
- Too close to a B-Line station or the Eastgate Park and Ride – Trips to or from locations within a quarter mile of the RapidRide B Line stations or the Eastgate Park and Ride will be declined.
Can Crossroads Connect accommodate wheelchair and other mobility needs?
Crossroads Connect has a wheelchair accessible vehicle available for riders. Riders who need accommodations such as wheelchair access are asked to set this preference when registering on the app or when requesting a ride by phone. Wheelchairs must be less than 30 inches wide and a maximum of 600 pounds, including the weight of the rider. This is your weight limit for a wheelchair.
Can I bring my animal on the trip with me?
Service animals are permitted to ride Crossroads Connect vehicles; all other animals must be secured in airline-approved carrying device.
What will I pay for the taxi ride?
If a taxi trip is booked for you through the Crossroads Connect app, your ride will be free, however when connecting to transit you will be responsible for the fare on your connecting bus. It is customary to tip a taxi driver, but that is optional and is your responsibility.
Can my family/friends ride with me?
Yes. Due to COVID-19 physical distancing requirements, we are only allowing one booking per trip; however, within your trip you may add additional riders (care attendant, family/friends, etc). As the region recovers from COVID-19, shared rides between multiple parties are a possibility in the future.
How long will my driver wait for me?
Your driver is instructed to wait for two minutes. When your vehicle is two minutes away, you'll receive a notification to let you know that your ride is getting close. When your vehicle arrives, you'll get another text to let you know.
Can children ride with me?
Children are welcome on Crossroads Connect! Minors must be accompanied by an adult if selecting the “Crossroads Connect or Taxi” option -- minors cannot take a cab ride alone. Unaccompanied minors can select the “Crossroads Connect” option until 6 p.m. daily, after which all trips are fulfilled by Yellow Cab. Parents are strongly encouraged to bring a car seat or booster seat where appropriate. Please note that all children, regardless of age, must be identified as an additional passenger when booking your ride. This requirement is due to vehicle capacity restrictions based on number of passengers.
Is there a penalty for cancelling my ride?
There is no penalty for cancelling your ride, but please avoid doing so unless absolutely necessary. A trip cancelation can cause unnecessary delays for your fellow riders.