Capital Improvement Projects: Investing in Bellevue Now and in the Future
Bellevue Utilities provides high-quality drinking water, sewer and stormwater drainage services that sustain and support your quality of life. The average Bellevue Utilities customer spends $5.57 a day for all of these services. Of that, 28 percent or $1.56 goes toward supporting construction projects to replace aging pipes, pumps and reservoirs and build new ones for a growing Bellevue.
Your Rates Support:
- Delivery of some of the best tasting and safest water. Utilities does this with its more than 600 miles of water mains and 24reservoirs that have a storage capacity of over 40 million gallons.
- Waterways that are free from raw sewage and reduction of polluted stormwater runoff. Utilities is responsible for protecting over 80 miles of open streams and more than 800 acres of protected wetlands.
- Protection of your safety and health by preventing flooding and sewer backups. Utilities safely delivers your wastewater to King County treatment facilities more than 500 miles of sewer mains.
Capital Investments Support Continued High-quality Service
Capital Investments include all the construction projects that help maintain the high level of service that you expect. The following photos illustrate some of the work we do.
Questions or comments?
Contact Brian Landau, Planning Manager at BLandau@bellevuewa.gov or 425-452-4596.
What makes for reliable service? It's in the infrastructure.
Bellevue has over $3.5 billion worth of water, sewer, and storm water infrastructure. Continued investment in these facilities is important as they age, to keep them functioning to provide the drinking water, sewer and stormwater drainage services you rely on.
Learn more about our infrastructure investments:
Supporting a healthy environment to live and work.
Bellevue is known as the "City in a Park." Utilities' capital Investments help support a livable city in the following ways:
- Flood control projects to protect property and the environment.
- Healthy waterways by updating sewer pump stations to prevent sewage overflows.
- Healthier streams for fish and wildlife by improving stream stability,reducing erosion, removing barriers to fish passage, and removing pollutants from stormwater runoff.
Learn more about our environmental projects:
Supporting Bellevue's growth by increasing water and sewer system capacity where needed.
Bellevue remains attractive to both new residents and businesses. Bellevue Utilities plans for and helps provide sufficient water and sewer capacity for planned population and employment growth.
Learn more about our capacity projects: