中文 | 한국어 | Русский | Español | Tiếng Việt
Residential and business meters are currently being installed and will continue to be installed through 2022. The graphic below shows the current Smart Water Meter project schedule.
When will my meter be installed?
We will make every effort to communicate with all customers before, during and after the installation process. Residential customers will receive a mailed notice a few weeks ahead of your meter upgrade. Customers in apartments, condos, or commercial business suites may be notified of the upcoming install through your property manager. Before replacing your meter, the installer will attempt to make direct contact so you aren't surprised by the work.
What can I expect when my Smart Water Meter is installed?
For most customers, the impacts from installation will be minimal.
- We respect your time: Replacing the water meter requires only a short interruption to water service. Most installations will take less than 15 minutes, so your water will just need to be shut off briefly.
- No home entry: Smart Water Meters will be replaced outside, exactly where your current water meter is. Since the meter is outside, no one will need to come into your home.
- No surprises: On your installation date, an authorized installer will knock on your door prior to the installation to let you know that they would like to switch your water meter. If you are not home, the installer will leave a door tag letting you know that your meter has been changed and who to contact if you have any questions or concerns.
- We respect your privacy: Bellevue Utilities and its contractors will not ask any residents for identification at any time before, during, or after installation.
- We respect your property: Bellevue Utilities can complete most meter upgrades without disturbing the area around the meter box. If the installer cannot access the meter box, or major vegetation trimming or meter site changes are required, you will be contacted first. Our goal is to leave the meter site in an ‘as-good or better’ condition when the work is complete. You can help prevent access issues by ensuring your meter box is clear of any obstacles or debris prior to installation.