The Robinswood Tennis Center (contact information in right column of this page) offers a wide variety of programs for the tennis-playing community. We like to think we offer something for everyone. Sign up for tennis programs at the center! Our online registration system has the most current information on courses.
Adult Tennis Lessons
Adult classes are offered for varying ability levels either during the day or in the evening. Four levels are offered: beginner, advanced beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Day and evening classes meet once per week for seven or eight weeks, from September to June. Summer classes are four or five weeks. Each class is one hour and 15 minutes long.
- Daytime (once per week):
- Eight weeks, offered in the Fall, Winter, and Spring
- Fees: $148
- Evening (once per week):
- Summer Session 1 for five weeks - $92.50
- Summer Session 2 for four weeks - $74
Robinswood Tennis Center offers private lessons at the following rates per hour/group price:
- 1 person - $70
- 2 people - $76
- 3 people - $88
- 4 people - $94
Senior Drill & Play
- Tuesdays: 2:45 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Ages: 50 and over
- Fees: $13/class
- Sign up seven days in advance
- Not offered in the summer
Tennis for Individuals Living with Intellectual Disabilities
Robinswood Tennis Center offers a class for individuals living with intellectual disabilities. Our class stresses self-esteem, participation, and basic tennis skills.
- Wednesdays, 4 p.m.
- Ages: 14 and over
- Fees: $48 for an eight-week session.
- Fall session is $42 for a seven-week session.
- Not offered in the summer.
Weekday Competitive Ladies' Flights:
- Six levels, 2.5 to 4.0 NTRP.
- Offered in the Fall, Winter, and Spring.
- New participants must have current USTA rating prior to registration to be placed in the appropriate level.
- Two levels, 3.0 to 3.5 NTRP.
- Participants choose their own partner and compete together for the entire session.
Ladies' Competitive Cup League:
- Six levels of play, USTA 2.5 to 4.5.
- This is a local inter-club league.
- Team tryouts are conducted in June; the league season is September through February.
- Mixed Doubles
- Junior Team Tennis
- Men's & Women's Adult Leagues
Adult Activity Groups
Robinswood Tennis Center support these rental groups as another opportunity for organized, casual play. For more information, please contact the individual coordinator of the specific group. These groups are not coordinated by Robinswood Tennis Center staff.
- Men's Doubles Nights
- Intermediate to advanced players USTA 3.5+.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. and 7:45 p.m.
- Contact Pat McGill; call us for contact info.
- Working Women's Doubles:
- Intermediate to advanced intermediate players.
- Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
- Contact Lisa Stix at firstname.lastname@example.org