- Last Date to Apply: Open
- Days: Weekdays
- Hours: Three to eight hours per shift
- Number of Positions: Open
- Department: Parks & Community Services
- Season: Year-round
- Job Site: North Bellevue Community Center
- Length of Commitment: Minimum three months
- Training Required/Provided: Training and orientation
- Position Reports to: Dan Lassiter
- Age: 16+
- Work environment: Community Center
- State Patrol Check Required: Yes
Basic reception duties including answering multi-line telephones, providing information and referrals both via telephone and in person; directing participants to various classrooms and making visitors feel welcomed.
- An interest in community life
- Able to work independently
- Community spirit
- Willingness to assist staff and participants
- Ability to learn new tasks and information
- Friendly and warm in person and on the phone
- Opportunity to volunteer in a warm and friendly environment
- Gain knowledge about activities benefiting senior citizens
- Preparation for future employment
- Possible school credit for community service
- Receive an education about the Bellevue community
- Gain a sense of responsibility
To apply, please submit the following:
- Volunteer Application
- FCRA Summary of Rights
- Parks Background Check
- Waiver of Liability Form
- Volunteer Agreement Form
Return application materials to:
City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department
Attn: Dan Lassiter
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
For questions, contact:
- Application paperwork is reviewed and forwarded to appropriate staff based on a match of the position and related qualifications
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Qualified applicants will interview with Dan Lassiter.
- Reference checks and Washington State Patrol Background Check will be conducted.
- Applicants selected for volunteer position will be notified and will attend an orientation.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.