- Last Date to Apply: Open
- Days: Weekdays
- Hours: Varies
- Number of Positions: Open
- Department: Parks & Community Services
- Season: Year-round
- Job Site: North Bellevue Community Center
- Length of Commitment: Minimum six months
- Training Required/Provided: Training and orientation
- Position Reports to: Dan Lassiter
- Age: 21+
- Work environment: Community Center
- State Patrol Check Required: Yes
- Welcome seniors warmly and put them at ease
- Obtain a short health history including current medications
- Take and record blood pressure
- Encourage seniors with very elevated blood pressure to contact a physician immediately
- Talk with each senior about medications and overall health
- Encourage seniors to visit family physician regularly for full medical care
- Advise Community Center staff of disability or health problems
- Volunteer does NOT diagnose.
- Ability to give a certain amount of time on a regular basis to insure reliable coverage for service
- Background in nursing
- Friendly, compassionate
- Good listening and communication skills
- Training in peer counseling helpful
- Possible school credit for community service
- Receive an education about the Bellevue community
- Gain a sense of responsibility
To apply, please submit the following:
- Volunteer Application
- FCRA Summary of Rights
- Parks Background Check Form
- Waiver of Liability Form
- Volunteer Agreement Form
Return application materials to:
City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department
Attn: Dan Lassiter
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
For questions, contact:
- Application paperwork is reviewed and forwarded to appropriate staff based on a match of the position and related qualifications
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Qualified applicants will interview with Dan Lassiter.
- Reference checks and Washington State Patrol Background Check will be conducted.
- Applicants selected for volunteer position will be notified and will attend an orientation.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.