- Last Date to Apply: Year round
- Days: Monday-Saturday
- Number of Positions: Varies
- Hours: Varies
- Department: Parks & Community Services
- Season: Year round
- Job Site: Highland Community Center
- Length of Commitment: TBA
- Training Required/Provided: Training and orientation
- Position Reports to: Kim Indurkar
- Age: 15+
- Work environment: Indoors/Outdoors
- Criminal Background Check required: Yes (this will require a Social Security number to process).
Volunteers will assist recreation staff in setting up and facilitating various recreational activities which include: sports, arts, cooking, drama and computer games. Recreation Assistants will assist staff with supervision and help participants with various needs.
- Help participants engage in recreation activities.
- Engage participants in conversation.
- Assist in moving wheelchairs when needed.
- Monitor participant activities and report to staff.
- An interest in working with people with disabilities.
- Ten-week commitment (quarterly volunteer shifts), one day per week.
- Able to communicate and work well with others.
- Willingness to work hard.
- Ability to learn new tasks and information.
- Interest in recreational activities.
- Positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn how to work with people with cognitive and physical disabilities.
- Help facilitate lasting community integration for people with disabilities.
- Learn about people with disabilities.
- School credit for community service.
- Preparation for future employment.
- Gain a sense of responsibility.
- Experience useful in building resume.
- Learn about community and Highland Community Center.
To apply, please submit the following:
Return application materials to:
City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department
Attn: Kim Indurkar
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
For questions, contact:
Kim Indurkar, 425-452-6105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application paperwork is reviewed and forwarded to appropriate staff based on a match of the position and related qualifications
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Qualified applicants will interview with Kim Indurkar.
- Reference checks and Washington State Patrol Background Check will be conducted.
- Applicants selected for volunteer position will be notified and will attend an orientation.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.
- All volunteers are required to wear proper attire for recreational environment.
- No sandals, halter tops or ragged clothing.