- Last Date to Apply: Year round opportunities
- Days: Monday-Saturday
- Hours: 2-8 hours per shift
- Number of Positions: Open
- Department: Parks & Community Services
- Season: Year round
- Job Site: Highland Community Center
- Length of Commitment: Minimum three months
- Training Required/Provided: Training and orientation
- Position Reports to: Kim Indurkar
- Age: 16+
- Work environment: Office
- Criminal Background Check required: Yes (this will require a Social Security number to process).
Volunteers will assist with basic reception duties including answering multi-line telephones, providing information and referrals both via telephone and in-person contact; directing participants to various classrooms; light typing, filing and making visitors feel welcome.
- An interest in community life.
- Able to work independently.
- Community spirit.
- Willingness to work with staff and participants.
- Ability to learn new tasks and information.
- Friendly and interested in making persons feel welcome.
- Friendly and warm in-person and on the phone contact.
- Opportunity to volunteer in a warm and friendly environment.
- Gain knowledge about activities benefiting people with disabilities.
- School credit for community service.
- Preparation for future employment.
- Learn about Bellevue activities.
- Education about services for people with disabilities.
- Gain a sense of responsibility.
To apply, please submit the following:
Return application materials to:
City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department
Attn: Kim Indurkar
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
For questions, contact:
Kim Indurkar, 425-452-6105 or email email@example.com
- Application paperwork is reviewed and forwarded to appropriate staff based on a match of the position and related qualifications
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Qualified applicants will interview with Kim Indurkar.
- Reference checks and Washington State Patrol Background Check will be conducted.
- Applicants selected for volunteer position will be notified and will attend an orientation.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.
- All volunteers are required to wear proper attire for professional office environment.
- No sandals, halter tops or ragged clothing.