Map Your Neighborhood
Map Your Neighborhood guides citizens on disaster preparedness at the neighborhood level, whether it be at an urban, rural, or apartment setting. Map Your Neighborhood connect neighbors so that they may rely on each other during the period before professional emergency services arrive during a disaster situation.
- Learn the nine steps to take immediately following a disaster to secure your home and to protect your neighborhood.
- Identify the skills and equipment each neighbor has that would be useful in an effective disaster response. Knowing which neighbors have supplies and skills helps your disaster response be timely, and allows everyone to contribute to the response in a meaningful way.
- Create a neighborhood map which identifies those with specific needs such as elderly, disabled, or children who may be home alone during certain hours of the day.
- Work together as a team to evaluate your neighborhood during the first hour following a disaster and take the necessary actions.
Our office has all of the materials you need to deliver Map Your Neighborhood. If you are interested in delivering it to your community, please fill out a request form and email it to us at OEMPublicEd@bellevuewa.gov.
Before A Disaster
Many of the effective actions you can take to lessen the impact of disasters are those you take before they even happen. Preparing ahead of time will improve your resiliency and keep you running after a disaster.
Identify Your Risk
What hazards could impact your business or organization?
The City of Bellevue is susceptible to a number of natural and man-made hazards. Along with these hazards, cybersecurity is a growing concern for all businesses and organizations.
How will those hazards impact your business or organization?
Impacts of disasters could mean a loss of your ability to communicate, distribute or receive supplies, access digital records, physical damage to your workplace and extended power outages, among a few. Identifying your vulnerabilities will allow you to determine where your planning should start.
Make A Plan
Developing a plan can help business run smoothly after a disaster. Prepare to share your plan with managers, employees, suppliers, and customers.
- የኃይል መቋረጥ ሲከሰት ምን ማድረግ ያስፈልጋል
- 정전 시 해야 할 일
- Waxa la sameeyo dhacdada dabka tago
- Qué hacer en caso de corte de luz
- Cần làm gì trong trường hợp bị mất điện