Permit for construction of a new commercial or multifamily building or addition, 4,000 square feet or more, which does not require SEPA review or SEPA review has been done under a prior land use approval. The permit includes demolition work when appropriate. (BB)
When applying for a Major Project Building Permit, you must apply for a Clearing & Grading Permit (GD) and submit a Utilities Extension Agreement (UE) at the same time or before submittal of the building permit. A Smoke Control Permit (FH) and Conceptual Smoke Control Submittal document must be approved prior to submittal of the building permit.
You must apply for this permit online through MyBuildingPermit. We will not accept paper applications or plans.
Learn more about our online permitting services.
The documents listed below are the minimum necessary to proceed with the application process. If you believe that a required submittal document does not apply to your project, please upload the Document Waiver Form in place of the required document. You may also print out a permit document list.
- Architectural Plan
- Bill To Form
- Boundary and Topographic Survey
- Civil Plan
- Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) and road plans may be combined into a single plan.
- Disconnection of Water/Sewer Service Form
- Energy Code Sheet/Envelope Summary (WSEC Compliance Forms)
- Exterior Lighting Plan
- Geotechnical Report
- Landscape Plan
- Pedestrian Protection Plan
- Preapplication Conference Letter (if conference was held)
- Site Plan B
- Structural or Lateral Calculations
- Structural Plan
Project Specific Plan Requirements
These items may be required during plan review, as determined by the scope of your project.
- King County Health Department Approval
- Required for projects that involve restaurants, delicatessens, commercial kitchens, hospitals, nursing homes, and public and semi-public pools and spas or if the building is served by a septic system. During review, submit your approval in the form of a letter or a stamped plan from the King County Health Department.
- Multifamily Checklist
- Previous Environmental Review
- Road Plan
- School District Impact Fee Form
- Issaquah and Renton School Districts
- Street Lighting Plan