Bellevue's critical areas ordinance has been updated to meet state Growth Management Act requirements. The amendments are narrow in scope, addressing changes in agency guidance or best available science, and are supported by the critical areas technical reports on this page.
According to the Growth Management Act, cities must periodically review and, if necessary, revise their comprehensive plans and development regulations to meet state regulations. In 2015 the city's comprehensive plan was updated. With the exception of portions of the critical areas ordinance, Bellevue's development regulations comply with state requirements.
Public HearingThe Bellevue City Council held a public hearing at approximately 8 p.m. during its Extended Study Session on Monday, October 10, 2016 in the City Council Chamber in Bellevue City Hall, 450 110th Ave NE, Bellevue.
- Staff Report
- Attachment 1: Update to Best Available Science
- Attachment 2: Gap Analysis with Addendum
- Attachment 3: Draft Ordinance
- Attachment 4: Effect on Landowners
Critical Areas Regulations Technical Report (entire report)
Department of Commerce Communication
Critical Areas Update 2006 Supporting Documents
- 2006 Final Enviromental Impact Statement
- 2005 Best Available Science (BAS) Review
- 2005 Risk Analysis of No Action, Regulatory, City Programs and Best Available Science Alternative for Improving Critical Areas Protection
- 2006 Addendum-Risk Analysis of Council-Modified Alternative for Improving Critical Areas Protection
- 2003 Best Available Science Review:
- 2003 Bellevue Critical Areas Update Inventory Documents: