Eviction Resolution Program (ERP)

If you are a tenant behind in rent or a landlord with a tenant who owes back rent, the Conflict Resolution Center can help. We help tenants and landlords negotiate a rent repayment plan.

Please fill out the landlord/tenant rent negotiation intake form or contact us at 425-452-4091 or bcrc@bellevuewa.gov to make an appointment with a conciliator. Interpretation services provided as needed.

Rent Negotiation Program

The Bellevue Conflict Resolution Center (BCRC) helps people who live and/or work in Bellevue resolve conflicts. Services are free, voluntary and confidential.

Because of COVID-19, tenants mostly can’t be evicted right now, but still owe any unpaid rent. Governor Inslee has asked Washington conflict resolution centers to help tenants and landlords negotiate these overdue bills, making an agreement that can work for everyone.

BCRC volunteers are not judges and don’t take sides. We help landlords and tenants equally. Language services available.

When you call BCRC:

1. We will listen.

2. We will help you fill out a worksheet* that describes your financial situation, and helps you decide how much negotiation room you have.

3. We then call the other party, landlord or tenant, to do the same.

4. If you are both interested, we help you negotiate to come to a repayment plan that both sides can live with.

5. We then send an email to say that you both participated in the process, attaching the worksheet and any other documents.

6. Even if the other party doesn’t want to work with us, calling BCRC to complete the worksheet may help show good faith that you tried to fix things.

We will help guide you through the Attorney General’s Rent Repayment Plan worksheet. When completed, this worksheet acts as a formal agreement between landlord and tenant about what debt is owed, what debt is forgiven, what payment is affordable, and how any rental assistance dollars are being applied.

We can help you come up with partial agreements if you can’t agree on the whole amount, and agreements about how future rent will be paid. We are neutral, helping both landlord and tenant explore their options and pass along offers.

Our service is both free and confidential, and we provide interpreters as needed. If you want to start a conversation about how to deal with unpaid rent, and aren’t sure how to get started - please fill out the Request Assistance Intake Form.


If you are looking for help paying for rent, and aren’t sure where to go, the City of Bellevue offers a COVID Resource Navigator program, to help you figure out which programs will best fit your needs.

  • For assistance, call 425-452-2800 • minich@bellevuewa.gov 

The City of Bellevue also maintains a current list of all the human service agencies in Bellevue, and the types of help they provide:

King County is starting the next round of the Eviction Prevention and Rental Assistance Program (EPRAP). The program helps people experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 who are at risk of housing instability or homelessness.