Community Events and Training
- Cross-cultural Communication: Our program offers a series of workshops around cross-cultural communications, listening, resiliency, and difficult conversations. Videos from our cross-cultural communication trainings are available:
BTV Interview about our program
Exploring Cross Cultural Communications
I Culture, We Culture Exercises
- Partnerships: The Bellevue Mediation Program partners with the King County Library System and Bellevue Parks to offer workshops and events to build skills in the areas of listening, resiliency, civil discourse, and cross-cultural communication. Workshops are held at libraries around Bellevue:
- "Art of Listening, a four part series," Wednesdays, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Oct. 9, 16, 23, 30, 2019, Downtown Bellevue Library
- Do you listen well? Have you experienced what it is like to be truly listened to? Becoming practiced at the way you listen to others will dramatically improve your focus, your relationships, your inner peace, and your professional life. In this 4 week workshop series you will learn how to be a more artful, peaceful and attentive listener, and have the experience of being truly listened to. Registration recommended. Please contact BCRC@bellevuewa.gov or 425-452-4091 to reserve your spot.
- "Advanced Art of Listening," Tuesdays, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m., Nov. 5 & 12, 2019, Lake Hills Library
- Want to practice your advanced listening skills with others? Before getting together more with friends and family during the summer, do you want to discuss some communication issues you have? If you have already received training in the Art of Listening workshops, or wish to advance your good listening skills attained in other ways, please come join us! We will review best practices, exchange in-depth listening sessions with another in class, ask questions, and share our collective wisdom about the art of listening. Facilitated by Marci McReynolds, aka "The Listening Lady," co-manager of the Bellevue Conflict Resolution Center. These classes fill quickly, so please pre-register by writing email@example.com.
- Please stay tuned for more details and opportunities to participate. More workshops are in the works.