Bellevue’s annual “All in for Autism” 10K and 5K runs will be the morning of Sunday, April 28, necessitating closure of some downtown streets. Proceeds go to Bellevue’s Kindering, the Special Olympics and the city’s Youth Camp Scholarship fund.
The event, hosted by the Bellevue Breakfast Rotary Club and cosponsored by the city, includes a non-competitive half-mile Kids’ Dash. People can register on the event website.
Traffic downtown and on adjacent streets and surrounding neighborhoods will be impacted during the event. Detours and road closure signs will be in place. Please plan accordingly and schedule trips to avoid conflicts with the race routes. More event details:
When: The first race starts at 8 a.m. More information on race times, registration and sponsors is available on the event web page.
Where: Both the 5-kilometer and 10-kilometer courses start and end at Northeast Second Street, near Downtown Park, 10201 NE Fourth St.
Race courses: The 5K course runs east on Northeast Second Street, south on 112th Avenue, northeast at the “Y” intersection, north on Bellevue Way Southeast, then west back on Northeast Second to the finish. The 10K course goes east along Northeast Second Street, south on 114th Avenue and Lake Washington Boulevard Southeast/118th Avenue Southeast, west on the I-90 trails, north on 108th Avenue Southeast and Bellevue Way, then west on Northeast Second Street to the finish.
Street closures: From 6 to 10:30 a.m. (except where otherwise noted below) several streets that are part of the race course will be partially or fully closed to vehicles; police will control traffic at downtown intersections.
- Northeast First/Second Street eastbound will close between 102nd and 114th avenues; westbound Northeast First/Second Street will close from Bellevue Way to 100th Avenue Northeast.
- Southeast Eighth Street will close in both directions between 112th and 114th avenues, 8-8:30 a.m.
- Southbound 108th Avenue Southeast will close between Bellevue Way Southeast and Southeast 34th Street.
- The Southbound 112th Avenue curb lane will close between Northeast Second Street and Southeast Eighth Street; 112th Avenue Southeast will close in both directions between Southeast Eighth Street and Bellevue Way, 8-9:30 a.m.
- Southbound 114th Avenue/118th Avenue SE will close from Northeast Second Street to Interstate 90.
- Southbound Bellevue Way will close in both lanes from Southeast 16th Street to 108th Avenue Southeast; the southbound Bellevue Way curb lane only will close from Northeast Second Street to Southeast 16th Street.
Participants are encouraged to walk, bike, carpool or take a bus to the event. Comprehensive information on travel options is available on Choose Your Way Bellevue.