Location: 2102 Bellevue Way SE
The Winters House was built in 1929 in Mission Revival style for $32,000 by Frederick and Cecilia Winters. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992 and in the only nationally-designated property in the city of Bellevue. It is on Bellevue Way, on the west side of Mercer Slough Nature Park. It is easily accessible, yet borders a quiet, natural setting. The Winters House serves as a home for the Eastside Heritage Center.
The Interpretive Viewing Terrace is available on the back side of the house. The 675 square foot terrace features terra-cotta style tiles, a sitting wall, wood trellis and beautifully landscaped grounds. This feature allows the house to be rented for outdoor wedding ceremonies and receptions as well as other type of events.
- Entire house - 75 people standing
- Main Floor - 45 standing, 20 theater style, 15 at tables
- Lower Level - 30 standing, 20 theater style, 15 at tables
- Use of the Interpretive Viewing Terrace is included with all rentals.
Equipment and Setup:
- Main Floor - 20 wooden folding chairs and microwave.
- Lower Level - 40 plastic stacking chairs, 14 six-foot rectangular tables, microwave and a pull-down screen.
- There is a portable whiteboard easel, 40-cup coffee maker and hot water pot that can be used on either level. There is no refrigerator, nor a stove/oven. Facilities are not available to prepare food on site. WiFi is available.
- If you plan to serve food on the Main Floor, please bring a waterproof tablecloth for the antique buffet and tables. The living room chairs may be lifted and moved against the walls. Other furnishings, displays and pictures must remain in their original location.
Parking: The Winters House has 33 regular parking spaces and three handicap stalls, one of which is located up the drive by the front door of the house. The parking lot cannot be resered for renters, as it is also available for Mercer Slough Park users. If the lot becomes full, cars may be directed to either the Overlake Blueberry Farm (if available) or the South Bellevue Park & Ride lot.
Viewing, availability and bookings: Winters House may be viewed during the Eastside Heritage Center's visitor hours - Tuesday (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and Thursday through Saturday (10 a.m. to 2p.m.). Please arrange your visit by calling the Winters House at 425-452-2752, or call the main EHC office at 45-450-1049. To check availability, contact the Parks Scheduling Office at 425-452-6914 or WintersRental@bellevuewa.gov .
These online documents may help you:
Additional photos of the Winters House
Front of the Winters House
Main Floor - Living Room
Main Floor - Living Room
Main Floor - Reception Area looking into Library
Main Floor - Library looking out to Reception Area
Main Floor - Kitchen
Main Floor - Breakfast Room
Lower Level - Mercer Room
Lower Level - Beverage Alcove
Lower Level - Beverage Alcove looking into Mercer Room
Lower Level - Coffee Counter
Interpretive Viewing Terrace