Receive email or text notification when this page is updated
Updated May 22
for the week of May 22-29
CITY TRAFFIC INFORMATION (NOTE: For information on road closures related to ice, snow or flooding, please see the city’s Emergencies and Extreme Weather page)
UPDATED - 124th Avenue NE, NE 8th St to Main St: Roadway closure to through traffic has been extended to May 29, for work just south of the NE 8th St and 124th Ave NE intersection. Access to local residences and businesses will be maintained via NE 5th Street from the west, NE 6th Street from the east, and Main Street from the south; a detour for through traffic will be marked. (Wilburton Streetscape Enhancements)
Old Bel-Red Road (aka NE 10th Pl), 120th Ave NE to 124th Ave NE: Road is closed to through traffic until fall of 2015. Access to local businesses will be maintained. (120th Ave NE Stage II)
UPDATED - Overlay Locations: Expect lane closures, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon.-Fri., at the following locations. Use alternate routes if possible: (Overlay Program)
- Lakemont Boulevard SE, 171st Avenue SE to SE Newport Way, Wed.-Fri.
- 108th Avenue SE, NE 28th Place to NE 29th Street, Tues.-Fri.
UPDATED - ADA Upgrade Locations: Expect alternating traffic and delays 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon.-Fri., at the following locations (ADA ramp upgrades prior to overlay, 2015 Overlay Program)
- NE 10th Street, 102nd Ave NE to 106th Ave NE
- NE 12th Street, 106th Ave NE to 112th Ave NE
- 116th Avenue NE, NE 12th St to NE 21st St
120th Avenue NE at NE 4th Street: Expect intermittent lane closures 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Mon.-Fri. The southbound right turn lane is closed near the Home Depot/Best Buy entrances. Additionally, Home Depot and Best Buy entrances will be shifted; please follow directions on informational message boards. (NE 4th Street Extension, Phase II)
SE Newport Way, 150th Ave SE to 152nd Ave SE: Closed to westbound traffic 6 a.m.-3 p.m., Mon.-Fri, through May. (SE Newport Way sidewalk project) Drivers will need to follow detour
120th Avenue NE and NE 8th Street intersection: (120th Ave NE Stage II)
- The right-turn lane on eastbound NE 8th St is permanently closed. Right turns are still allowed from the right general purpose lane.
120th Ave NE, Old Bel-Red Rd to NE 12th St: Lanes will be narrowed and shifted. Local business access will be maintained. Watch for flaggers and expect dump trucks to be entering and leaving the roadway. (120th Ave NE Stage II)
PERIODIC TRAFFIC CONTROL MEASURES:
Downtown development: Expect intermittent daytime lane closures and/or flagging activities at the following locations: (see more on downtown development)
- 108th Avenue NE & 106th Avenue NE, between NE 8th St & NE 10th St (929 Office Tower)
- Northbound 106th Avenue NE, NE 2nd St to NE 4th St (SOMA Phase II)
- Southbound 106th Avenue NE, NE 6th St to NE 4th St (Centre 425 development)
- Westbound NE 4th Street, 106th Ave NE to Bellevue Way (Lincoln Square Expansion)
- Northbound Bellevue Way, NE 4th St to NE 6th St (Lincoln Square Expansion)
- Westbound NE 4th Street, Bellevue Way to 100th Ave NE (Bellevue Square South Commons project)
- Bellevue Way at Main St, 103rd Ave NE, & NE 1st St (Main St. Gateway project)
- Southbound Bellevue Way, south of Main St (Bellevue @ Main Project)
- NE 2nd Place and NE 3rd Place between 110th & 111th Avenues NE (Marriott Hotel)
- Eastbound Main Street, 105th Ave to 106th Ave (Alamo Manhattan)
Bel-Red Area development: Expect periodic traffic control measures including lane adjustments weekdays at the following locations:
- 120th Avenue NE near NE 12th Street (Spring District development)
- 124th Avenue NE near NE 12th Street (Spring District development)
FREEWAY TRAFFIC INFORMATION:
Washington State Department of Transportation has several projects under way that can affect traffic in Bellevue at any given time. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity on major highways, visit WSDOT's weekly construction closure updates.
Southbound I-405, SR 520 to SE 8th Street: Various lane and ramp closures. (I-405 southbound paving project)
None at this time.
I-90 HOV ramp to I-405: Ramp closed as part of a last long-term ramp closure before the project wraps up in mid-2015. (I-90 Two-way Transit and HOV Operations project)