Receive email or text notification when this page is updated
Updated April 16
for the week of April 17-24
CITY TRAFFIC INFORMATION (NOTE: For information on road closures related to ice, snow or flooding, please see the city’s Emergencies and Extreme Weather page)
Old Bel-Red Road (aka NE 10th Pl), 120th Ave NE to 124th Ave NE: Road is closed to through traffic until fall of 2015. Access to local businesses will be maintained. (120th Ave NE Stage II)
UPDATED - Overlay Locations: Expect lane closures, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon.-Fri., at the following locations: (2014 Overlay Program)
- SE 63rd Street: Forest Drive to 151st Avenue SE: Expect alternating traffic and delays, use alternate routes if possible.
UPDATED - 124th Avenue NE, NE 8th St to Main St: Lane closures 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Mon.-Thurs. (Construction may extend into Friday in the case of inclement weather.) (Wilburton Streetscape Enhancements)
ADA Upgrade Locations: Expect alternating traffic 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon.-Fri., at the following locations (ADA ramp upgrades prior to overlay, 2015 Overlay Program)
Lakemont Boulevard SE, Forest Dr to 164th Ave SE: Expect alternating traffic and delays.
108th Avenue NE at NE 37th Place: Expect alternating traffic and delays.
SE Newport Way, 150th Ave SE to 152nd Ave SE: Lane closures 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Mon.-Fri. (SE Newport Way sidewalk project)
120th Ave NE, Old Bel-Red Rd to NE 12th St: Lanes will be narrowed and shifted. Local business access will be maintained. Watch for flaggers and expect dump trucks to be entering and leaving the roadway. (120th Ave NE Stage II)
120th Avenue NE at NE 4th Street: Expect lane closures 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Mon.-Fri. (NE 4th Street Extension, Phase II)
120th Avenue NE and NE 8th Street intersection: (120th Ave NE Stage II)
- The right-turn lane on eastbound NE 8th St is permanently closed. Right turns are still allowed from the right general purpose lane.
Lakemont Boulevard NE & Cougar Mountain Way intersection: A single lane will be closed between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m., Mon.-Fri. Flaggers will be directing traffic. Expect delays during morning and afternoon peak periods. Use alternate routes if possible. (Lakemont/Cougar Mountain Way/SE 63rd intersection project)
PERIODIC TRAFFIC CONTROL MEASURES:
NEW - 116th Avenue NE & NE 8th Street: Lane adjustments in effect through Sat., Apr. 18, to aid in traffic operations by the new Chick-Fil-A restaurant.
Downtown development: Expect intermittent daytime lane closures and/or flagging activities at the following locations: (see more on downtown development)
- 108th Avenue NE & 106th Avenue NE, between NE 8th St & NE 10th St (929 Office Tower)
- Northbound 106th Avenue NE, NE 2nd St to NE 4th St (SOMA Phase II)
- Southbound 106th Avenue NE, NE 6th St to NE 4th St (Centre 425 development)
- Westbound NE 4th Street, 106th Ave NE to Bellevue Way (Lincoln Square Expansion)
- Northbound Bellevue Way, NE 4th St to NE 6th St (Lincoln Square Expansion)
- Westbound NE 4th Street, Bellevue Way to 100th Ave NE (Bellevue Square South Commons project)
- Bellevue Way at Main St, 103rd Ave NE, & NE 1st St (Main St. Gateway project)
- Southbound Bellevue Way, south of Main St (Bellevue @ Main Project)
- NE 2nd Place and NE 3rd Place between 110th & 111th Avenues NE (Marriott Hotel)
- Eastbound Main Street, 105th Ave to 106th Ave (Alamo Manhattan)
Bel-Red Area development: Expect periodic traffic control measures including lane adjustments weekdays at the following locations:
- 120th Avenue NE near NE 12th Street (Spring District development)
- 124th Avenue NE near NE 12th Street (Spring District development)
FREEWAY TRAFFIC INFORMATION:
Washington State Department of Transportation has several projects under way that can affect traffic in Bellevue at any given time. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity on major highways, visit WSDOT's weekly construction closure updates.
None at this time.
None at this time.
Westbound lanes, detoured to express lanes,, Bellevue Way SE to Rainier Avenue S, from 11 p.m. Fri., Apr. 17 until 5 a.m. Mon., Apr. 20.
I-90 HOV ramp to I-405: Ramp will be closed for eight weeks, beginning Mar. 4. This is the last long-term ramp closure before the project wraps up in mid-2015. (I-90 Two-way Transit and HOV Operations project)