Parks & Community Services Board
The Parks & Community Services Board advises the City Council on parks and open space issues such as:
- Park planning, design and construction
- Development, redevelopment, and renovation
- Enterprise management
- Natural resources, land stewardship and environmental education.
The Board also advises the City Council on policies regarding community services issues such as:
- Recreation opportunities for a wide range of interests, ages and abilities.
- Cultural diversity.
- Community centers.
- Parks & Community Services Department-related special events.
- Probation services
Members: Comprised of seven Bellevue residents, appointed by the mayor with the concurrence of the City Council. Terms are four years each and expire on May 31 of the last year of the term. No one may serve more than two consecutive terms.
- Sherry Grindeland*, Chair - term ends 5/31/17
- Dallas Evans*, Vice-Chair - term ends 5/31/19
- Kathy George* - term ends 5/31/16
- Stuart Heath** - term ends 5/13/17
- Debra Kumar - term ends 5/31/18
- Erin Powell – term ends 5/31/16
- Mark Van Hollebeke* - term ends 5/31/18
- City Council Liaison to the Board - Councilmember Lynne Robinson
* Denotes board member serving second term.
** Denotes board member now serving first full term after completing the term of a former board member.
Meetings: Unless otherwise noted, second Tuesday of each month, 6 p.m., City Hall, Council Conference Room (1E-113). The meeting site is wheelchair accessible. American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation is available upon request. Please call 48 hours in advance: 425-452-5262 (TDD) or 425-452-4162 (Voice).
Park Board Ordinance
Parks & Community Services Department web page