Matching grants of up to $10,000 are available through the Neighborhood Match program to help neighborhoods build small local improvements such as entry treatments, signs and landscaping improvement.
The neighborhood must submit an application and receive the city’s approval before beginning the project. Once the neighborhood has approval, neighbors can complete their project and receive reimbursement from the city for up to 50 percent of the project cost for materials and labor.
To qualify for matching funds, projects must:
- Have overall community support and the unanimous approval of all adjacent property owners;
- Provide a demonstrable community benefit;
- Be constructed on public property;
- Meet all city codes and obtain all required permits;
- Be capable of being completed within the calendar year;
- Be maintained by the neighborhood. (The city will not maintain Match-funded improvements.)
Contact the Program Manager Ying Carlson (425-452-4342 or email@example.com ) to discuss your neighborhood project and start the application process!