Do you want to feel a sense of community? Build bridges between cultures? Come join a diverse group of women from Bellevue who meet regularly to share tea and conversation and make connections in the community.
The Cultural Conversations program was launched in 2010 as a partnership between diverse women in the community and the City of Bellevue. It was initiated by women who had a desire to get better connected with their community and who wanted to enhance their knowledge and understanding of different cultural practices and world views.
Monthly gatherings include women from all around the world. The events are free, refreshments are served and women of all ages, faiths and cultures are welcome to attend.
The city provides a range of services for Bellevue’s growing multicultural population. Connections are constantly being built to bridge gaps between diverse cultural and language groups, other community groups and the city.
Topics from Previous Cycles:
- Immigration: the Promise and the Loss;
- Birth Stories from Around the World;
- The Heart and Art of Cultural Translation;
- Dream On: the Evolving American Dream;
- Cultural Practices around Death and Mourning;
- The Danger of a Single Story;
- Cultural Attitudes toward Money and Financial Security; and
- Stress Relievers across Cultures.
For more information about the program, please contact Carol Ross 425-452-7917 firstname.lastname@example.org or Barb Tuininga 425-452-2800 email@example.com