Wastewater is all the water that leaves the inside of your home or business and enters Bellevue's system. Wastewater then flows through city-owned and maintained pipes into Metro's regional sewerage system where it is treated to meet federal and state water quality standards.
If you have a sewer backup or blockage at your home or business:
- Call Utilities at 425-452-7840 before calling a private sewer company. Although by law we can't work on private property, we can check to see if the problem is on your property or the city’s, give you advice regarding maintenance, and give you a list of appropriate contractors, if one is needed.
- If a private sewer company does any work to a sewer line at your home or business, have them call Utilities. We want to inspect work that is done to ensure that the sewer line on your property and the city's main line are working together properly.
Unsure about where your sewer connects?
- Utilities retains the original building sewer connection drawings created during inspection of the construction of the sewer.
- Call 425-452-7840 if you need help locating your sewer connection or want to know about modifications made to the connection.
- Call if you would like a current list of contractors who are licensed and bonded.