North Bellevue Community Center Computer Assistant
Last Date to Apply:
Two hours per weekNumber of Positions:
Parks & Community Services Season:
Year-round Job Site: North Bellevue Community Center
Length of Commitment:
Minimum six monthsTraining Required/Provided:
Training, orientation and computer skillsPosition Reports to:
Community CenterState Patrol Check Required:
- Assist with data entry, class rosters and registration
- Create flyers for various programs and activities
- Create and maintain simple spreadsheets to track participant and volunteer data
- Verify data with participants
- An interest in community life
- Able to work independently
- Community spirit
- Willingness to work hard
- Ability to learn new tasks and information
- Friendly and interested in making people feel welcome
- Computer literate and willing to learn more
- Opportunity to volunteer in a warm and friendly environment
- Gain knowledge about activities benefiting senior citizens
- Preparation for future employment
- Possible school credit for community service
- Receive an education about the Bellevue community
- Gain a sense of responsibility
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
RETURN APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department
Attn: Cathy VonWald
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
FOR QUESTIONS CONTACT:
Cathy VonWald - 425-452-7681 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Helen Spadoni - 425-452-7681 or email email@example.com
- Application paperwork is reviewed and forwarded to appropriate staff based on a match of the position and related qualifications
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Qualified applicants will interview with Cathy VonWald.
- Reference checks and Washington State Patrol Background Check will be conducted.
- Applicants selected for volunteer position will be notified and will attend an orientation.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.
It is the policy of the City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department to provide volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference, and/or disability.