North Bellevue Community Center Blood Pressure Assistant
Last Date to Apply:
VariesNumber of Positions:
Parks & Community Services Season:
Year-round Job Site: North Bellevue Community CenterLength of Commitment:
Minimum six monthsTraining Required/Provided:
Training and orientation Position Reports to:
Community CenterState Patrol Check Required:
- Welcome seniors warmly and put them at ease
- Obtain a short health history including current medications
- Take and record blood pressure
- Encourage seniors with very elevated blood pressure to contact a physician immediately
- Talk with each senior about medications and overall health
- Encourage seniors to visit family physician regularly for full medical care
- Advise Community Center staff of disability or health problems
- Volunteer does NOT diagnose.
- Ability to give a certain amount of time on a regular basis to insure reliable coverage for service
- Background in nursing
- Friendly, compassionate
- Good listening and communication skills
- Training in peer counseling helpful
- Possible school credit for community service
- Receive an education about the Bellevue community
- Gain a sense of responsibility
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
RETURN APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department
Attn: Cathy VonWald
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
FOR QUESTIONS CONTACT:
Cathy VonWald - 425-452-7681 or email email@example.com
Helen Spadoni - 425-452-7681 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application paperwork is reviewed and forwarded to appropriate staff based on a match of the position and related qualifications
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Qualified applicants will interview with Cathy VonWald.
- Reference checks and Washington State Patrol Background Check will be conducted.
- Applicants selected for volunteer position will be notified and will attend an orientation.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.
It is the policy of the City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department to provide volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference, and/or disability.