Kelsey Creek Equine Volunteer (New)
New participants register online at myparksandrecreation.com. Registration will begin in mid-March.
Number of Positions: Varies
Hours: 8 am -4:30 pm
Department: Parks & Community Services
Season: Summer, plus special events. No program during fall and winter.
Job site: Kelsey Creek Farm Park, 410 130th Place SE
Length of commitment: Must be able to attend the entire two week session
Training (required): Saturday, June 15 1-3pm
Position reports to: Pam Myers
Work environment: Farm/Outdoors
State Patrol Check required: Yes
Fee: $10 Resident/$15 Non-Resident
Sessions (Each session is 2 weeks):
73890 8 am-4:30 pm Mon-Thurs Jul 8-18
73891 8 am-4:30 pm Mon-Thurs Jul 22-Aug 1
73892 8 am-4:30 pm Mon-Thurs Aug 5-15
73893 8 am-4:30 pm Mon-Thurs Aug 19-22 (one week only)
• Volunteers primary task is to work with children in pony programs
• Volunteers pay close attention to students; they do not over socialize with other volunteers during class or trainings.
• Volunteers talk to and involve the students, making their class experience fun!
• Volunteers are aware of their student and keep them safe from horses’ hooves and mouths.
• Volunteers are respectful and aware of their horse and its actions.
• Volunteers assist with the set-up and take down of pony classes, trail course, and crafts.
• Volunteers complete assigned jobs and tasks promptly and enthusiastically.
• Interest in horses
• Tolerance to be on your feet for a physically active day,
• Ability to work in diverse weather conditions,
• Capable of understanding and following directions,
• Willingness to learn and a positive attitude.
• Volunteers must be able to attend entire two week session
• Pass a skill test.
• Must register in Class.
• Learn techniques of "natural horsemanship."
• Teens work together as they learn about care and management of horses and the daily activities on a working farm.
• Preparation for future employment
• Education about the community and Kelsey Creek Farm
• Sense of responsibility
• School credit for community service
All volunteers are required to wear:
A volunteer T-shirt (will be provided)
Proper attire for farm environment
Closed-toed shoes; no sandals
Registration is required. Visit myparksandrecreation.com or call 425-452-6885 or e-mail Kelseycreekfarm@bellevuewa.gov.
NOTE: Due to program popularity, participants my only sign up for only one of the following Kelsey Creek Farm programs: Farm volunteer, Equine volunteer or Art Day Camp Assistant